Environmental Consulting - Future Proofing one-day event
The ECA has invited environmental experts from overseas, interstate and WA to provide a global, national and local perspective on our industry. Join our experts as they share their thoughts and experiences in consulting, finance and law, federal and state government to provide expertise in all areas of future proofing in the environmental consultant industry.
The ECA is delighted to invite you to a jam-packed, relevant, interesting and informative one-day event which will have great interest to our members and all environmental consultants.
Sessions throughout the day will cover the following areas:
Global Market Trends and Drivers
• Market Outlook for the next five years
• Historic growth trends national and international
• What can we learn / expect from interstate and international experiences?
• What are the traditional consulting services and which ones are at greatest risk or have the greatest potential for growth?
• What is inhibiting growth in traditional consulting services?
• What are the opportunities for tapping into international consulting?
The Local Market
• Local trends / markets opportunities/ growth areas in WA
• Increased opportunities in new areas
• Industry accreditation – pro’s and con’s
A Government Perspective
• How do government and consultancies work together – our challenges/aims/future targets?
• Are changes to government legislation and regulator policy hindering growth?
• IBSA – will it really work?
Contemporary Case Studies and Technical challenges
• Case studies and examples of complex projects – what can we learn?
• EIA - the future
• Approaches to developing strategies for boom and bust
A detailed event program can be found Here
Keryn James - Global Chief Executive of ERM
Darren Murphy, Principal Mine Closure Consultant, Golder
Ben Oakley, Hunter Executive (Environmental Recruiting)
Michael Voros, Herbert Smith Freehills (Environmental legal challenges and the Biodiversity Act)
Germaine Larcombe, DWER (Environmental accreditation)
Darren Pavic, BRIC Insurances - challenges in environmental insurance into the future
Suzanne Brown – Manager Drainage and Liveable Communities, Water Corporation
Kim Taylor – former EPA Service Unit General Manager
Chris Gentle – WABSI Information Management Node Program Director
Jamie Shaw – Technical Director, AECOM
Michelle Rhodes – Director, 360 Environmental
Gavin Price – Head of Environment, BHP Billiton