Environmental Protection Act (1986) Part V Training - December 2019
The overall objective of the training course is to provide an A-Z of the Western Australian framework for environmental regulation under Part V of the EP Act to support:
- Familiarisation with the environmental regulation framework within the EP Act 1986, and relevant guideline and policy documents
- Understanding of how to apply the main environmental regulation components and outputs to achieve
- How to structure Part V documents – showing evidence of good methodology
- Achieving good environmental outcomes through Part V - interpreting DWER guidelines and achieving best practice.
The course is proposed to cover:
- The big picture – environmental regulation overview, principles and outcomes
- Works approval applications and decision making
- Risk assessment processes
- Clearing permit applications
- Conditions, appeals on decisions, transitioning from Works Approvals to Licences
- Compliance and enforcement, renewals and terminations
- Q&A session with senior DWER staff
- Synthesis, future directions and reflections on best practice.
Lunches, morning and afternoon tea, and refreshments included for both days.
- ECA members: $880 incl GST
- Non-members: $990 incl GST
- Students: $770 incl GST*
* If you are registering for the Student rate please register via the website and advise Bec James via email at email@example.com so that an invoice can be issued.
Perth WA 6000