Dalcon Environmental (established 1998) is a Western Australian company offering research and consultancy services in aquatic ecology and micro-algal taxonomy.
Dalcon Environmental is regarded as the premier provider of micro-algal services in Western Australia and is well recognised nationally and internationally.
Dalcon Environmental provides services for government (federal, state and local), the resources sector (mining, oil and gas), the agricultural sector, the aquaculture industry, the industrial sector, ports and harbours, other consultancies and individuals.
Our services include, but are not limited to, baseline surveys, impact assessments, compliance monitoring, investigative assessments, forensic investigations and palaeolimnological studies.
We have expertise in the ecology and taxonomy of all micro-algal groups and cyanobacteria (particularly harmful algal biooms) from marine, estuarine, riverine and wetland ecosystems and created and industrial waters.
Experience practicing in:
- Biological/Limnological surveys and monitoring
- Water quality assessment
- Zooplankton ecology and taxonomy
- Infauna ecology and taxonomy
- Ecotoxicology investigations
- Palaeolimnological analysis (diatoms and pollen)
- Phytoplankton/Periphyton ecology and taxonomy
- Identification and management of potentially toxic micro-algae
- Education and training