Jason has undergraduate qualifications in environmental science (majoring in physical geography and soil science/land and water management), a postgraduate diploma in environmental impact assessment and a masters degree in business administration (MBA). Jason has 20 years’ experience as an environmental consultant including his current role with Emerge Associates, over ten years with Cardno managing their Western Australian environmental consulting practice, and prior to this with a number of smaller consultancies working specifically in the areas of catchment management, water quality monitoring and management, environmental data analysis and wetland and waterway management. Jason’s professional experience is primary in the areas of environmental impact assessment, statutory environmental approvals, environmental management, and project management/coordination and his project exposure has encompassed a broad range of sectors including land use planning, urban development and urban infrastructure, mining/resources and basic raw materials, agriculture, natural resource management, and state and local government.
Experience practicing in:
- The provision of strategic environmental approvals and management advice
- Government liaison and key stakeholder management
- Environmental impact assessment and approvals, both under Western Australian and federal government’s legislative frameworks
- Environmental planning and providing environmental support for land use planning processes
- The preparation and implementation of environmental management plans
- Environmental compliance auditing, the provision of compliance advice, and internal and external (statutory) compliance reporting
- The provision of environmental due diligence advice, environmental feasibility assessments, and pre-commitment environmental appraisals.