SMEC Australia Pty Ltd
SMEC is a progressive company, delivering engineering excellence, design innovation and advisory to clients worldwide. Our partnership with the Surbana Jurong Group provides a global talent pool of 13,500 people across a network of more than 120 offices in over 40 countries. Working together, we develop, design, supervise, operate and manage projects to help shape a sustainable future.
SMEC’s history dates back to the iconic Snowy Mountains Hydroelectric Scheme in 1949, recognised around the world as a marvel of engineering. Since then, we have grown into a diverse global company, providing service excellence across a range of industry sectors.
With a strong global presence across Australasia, Asia, Africa, the UK, Middle East and the Americas, SMEC is a truly diverse company.
Our people are passionate about creating value and constantly strive to redefine our traditional solutions with emerging innovations.
Drawing on the capabilities from across the Surbana Jurong Group of companies, we provide specialist expertise either independently or as combined entities. The acquisition of Robert Bird Group by our parent company, Surbana Jurong, has strengthened our urban development capabilities and coupled with Surbana Jurong’s expertise in urban planning, industrial and infrastructure markets.
Experience practicing in:
- Transport and Logistics: Roads and Highways planning and design; bridges and structures; rail infrastructure; roads and highways construction supervision; traffic and transport planning; ports; tunnels; geotechnics; pavement management systems; airports; intelligent transport systems; public transport advisory; surveying and landscape architecture
- Water: Dams; Water Supply and Wastewater, Stormwater Management; Water Resources; River Structures; Irrigation; Hydrogeology; Water Utility Management; Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Environment: Sustainability; Environmental planning and assessment; Land use management; Coastal management; Waste management; Contamination and Acid Sulfate Soils; Natural resource management; Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Built Environment: Urban development; Renewal and design; Surveying and landscape architecture; Master planning; Urban planning and engineering; Water sensitive urban design; Traffic and transport planning
- Energy: Hydroelectric schemes; Renewable energy; Dams; Transmission and distribution networks; Thermal and geothermal; Geotechnics and tunnels; Regulatory and market advice
- Management Services: Project management; Facilities management; Development management; City management; Security; Building Information Modelling (BIM); Asset & integrity management
- Resources & Industry (mining, oil and gas, manufacturing): development, operation and maintenance of mines and execution of key strategies; operational improvements and cost control; mining risk management advice; project management; oil and gas support services for onshore oil and gas field development and processing facilities; engineering and design services to greenfield and brownfield projects. Our oil and gas capabilities extend through all stages of a project, from exploration, productio
- Education, Governance & Government Advisory: Community development; Education and training; Gender development; Public sector reform; Finance and economic development; Governance and institutional strengthening; Local government; Health