Stantec Australia Pty Ltd
Our passion for science drives our work across Western Australia. We take the time to understand your project—whether we’re collaborating with you on complex regulatory approvals, compliance monitoring at your site, or completing a terrestrial or aquatic survey. We’ll help you to find the right solution for your project and the community it supports.
As a highly experienced multidisciplinary team, our environmental specialists are skilled in environmental planning, regulatory approvals and compliance, impact assessments, ecological surveys, environmental policy, and sustainability.
We deliver a customised approach that considers the environmental values and objectives, as well as local, state and federal regulatory requirements to meet your project’s needs. We’ve managed extensive approvals and closure projects in Western Australia, finding tailored pathways through planning and design, to execution and monitoring.
With twenty years’ experience in Western Australia, we’re local people who care about our own communities. Our Australian and global network also allows us to bring innovation, experience and advice to local projects.
Experience practicing in:
- Mine rehabilitation monitoring, ecological completion criteria and post closure monitoring
- Waste landform design, soils, waste and geochemical assessments, cost optimisation
- Integrated closure planning and progressive mine closure systems
- Environmental on-site support and environmental auditing
- Environmental approvals, environmental impact/risk assessment, liaison with regulatory authorities, statutory submissions, and environmental offsets
- Flora and vegetation, fauna, SRE and subterranean fauna baseline surveys, habitat assessment and mapping, compliance monitoring and significant species assessments
- Aquatic, marine, freshwater and salt lake ecology baseline surveys, ecotoxicity studies, compliance monitoring, and dewatering discharge assessments
- Soils assessments and optimum reconstruction of soil profiles after mining
- Environmental management systems development and implementation, geospatial analysis, and innovative solutions
- Surface hydrology and hydrogeology services, including surface and groundwater modelling, and flood risk assessments