Tim has been undertaking ecological surveys in Australia for the past 20 years. His experience has been focused on invertebrate ecology, particularly with subterranean (stygofauna and troglofauna) and terrestrial Short Range Endemic (SRE) fauna in Western Australia (Pilbara, Murchison, Goldfields and South Coast), New South Wales, South Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland. Tim is the author of 10 peer reviewed journal articles concerning subterranean and SRE fauna in Australia.
Tim has considerable experience in the interpretation of SRE and subterranean fauna data to produce and review impact assessment reports and subsequent inclusion within approval documents. He has worked on numerous Public Environmental Reviews in Western Australia being the technical lead author for subterranean and SRE invertebrates. He has also produced management plans that provide practical real world strategies for monitoring of SRE and subterranean fauna during the development and continued operation of projects.
Experience practicing in:
- Stygofauna and Troglofauna baseline survey and specimen identification
- Stygofauna and Troglofauna management plans, impact assessment and advice
- SRE invertebrate survey and identification
- SRE invertebrate impact assessment and management plans
- Aquatic macro-invertebrate surveys and identification
- Cave and karst assessments and management plans
- Document review and environmental approvals advice
General Services ? View service descriptions
BSc (Hons, Geology) (Macquarie University)
PhD (Subterranean ecology) (The University of Adelaide)