A positive, proactive and results driven professional with over fifteen years’ environmental management experience in mining, construction, government and tertiary institutes with a focus on major resource and transportation projects.
Experienced in providing sound environmental advice and leading State and Federal approvals and compliance processes.
Construction and operational roles in mining and gas have provided solid experience in a wide range of environmental responsibilities from approvals, project implementation and compliance monitoring and reporting and through into rehabilitation and closure of projects.
Enjoys being part of, as well as managing, motivating and training, a successful and productive team, and thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments.
Experience practicing in:
- Approvals: Proficient in leading the approvals process under Federal (Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999) and West Australian (Environmental Protection Act 1986 (Part IV and V), Mining Act 1987 and Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016) legislation.
- Compliance: Experienced in assisting mine sites and gas pipelines comply with State and Commonwealth approvals as well as Company environmental policies, systems, standards and procedures.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills through reporting, presentations and liaison with workgroups and key stakeholders in order to develop and maintain mutually beneficial internal and external relationships.
- Professional Advice: Able to provide up to date environmental advice and support to company personnel, including any changes to environmental trends, legislation or community expectations.
- Leadership: Effective management of diverse, multi-disciplinary teams including subcontractors and consultants.
- Knowledge: Broad general knowledge of Australian environmental issues, especially those relevant to mining and gas pipelines. Demonstrated knowledge and experience of environmental, heritage and mining legislation in Australia, particularly Western Australia.
- Training: Ability to create and tailor training sessions to a target audience for maximum impact.
- Improvement: Highly skilled at developing and implementing environmental systems to track and monitor environmental performances thereby allowing for continuous environmental improvement.
- Project management: Demonstrated management of complex projects with successful outcomes.
B.Sc. Botany and Zoology
B.Sc. Honours Biodiversity and Conservation
M.Sc. Aquatic Health