Benefits of becoming a member of the ECA
- Be recognised – the ECA commenced the first professional environmental
consultant register back in 1994. This is currently being reviewed, strengthened and
its profile increased through our new website which is freely accessible to potential
employers, government stakeholders and industry.
- Be connected – ECA events promote networking opportunities across the industry
and with key stakeholders.
- Be informed – ECA provides relevant events, a new website, newsletter, weekly
email, group forum, and LinkedIn Company Page.
- Be influential – the ECA facilitates consultation between government and its
members to provide feedback on policies and other key initiatives. We have an MOU
with OEPA and we are routinely asked by the OEPA, DPaW and DER our view on
new policies and initiatives.
- Be involved – through opportunities to sit on the ECA committee and also be
involved in a range of external stakeholder working groups.
Be educated – ECA training courses and programs available at significant member
- Be part of the future – through our Young ECA (or YECA) initiative, either as young
ECA member or as experienced consultant mentor.
- Be heard – the ECA can and does highlight concerns raised by our members with
- Be represented – we are continuing discussions with various government agencies
and other relevant parties to ensure that your membership is seen as strong
indication of your professional capabilities. We also actively promote our
professional code of conduct.
- Be the master of your own career destiny – through all of the above, take control of
where you want to be with your career.