Invitation to Comment
Current Invitations to comment are listed below from various State and Federal Government Agencies that are relevant to Environmental Consultants and Practitioners.
- DMIRS seeking comment on environmental non-compliance and incidents reporting guidance note
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) is seeking stakeholder feedback on a draft guidance note about environmental non-compliances and incidents reporting.
The new draft Guidance Note for Environmental Non-Compliances and Incidents Reporting outlines what constitutes an environmental incident or non-compliance and ensures alignment with the department’s Enforcement Policy.
For more information including how to make comment go to the DMIRS website. Consultation period closes 8 February 2018.
- Draft Revision of Australia’s Biodiversity Conservation Strategy
Australia’s Biodiversity Conservation Strategy: 2010 – 2030 has been revised.
The draft revised Strategy “Australia’s Strategy for Nature 2018-2030: Australia’s biodiversity conservation strategy and action inventory”, is open for public comment.
For more Information go to the DotEE Website. Consultation period closes 16 March 2018.
- Independent Scientific Panel Inquiry into Hydraulic Fracture Stimulation in Western Australia 2017
The Panel are seeking input from stakeholders and the public to assist the inquiry to ensure the Panel has:
– A full and appropriate understanding of the environmental values potentially at risk from unconventional oil and gas developments involving hydraulic fracture stimulation;
– Any data or other evidence that might inform a scientific risk analysis of those impacts, with an emphasis on local geographies and geologies, and local evidence from Western Australia; and
– Any reflections or experience on what a regulatory framework should ideally look like if the Government lifts the current Moratorium.
The Panel will consider perspectives, concerns and projections of onshore hydraulic fracture stimulation in Western Australia, within the scope of the Terms of Reference, as well as technical evidence that would inform their consideration.
For more information including how to make a submission go to the Inquiry Website. Submissions to the inquiry are open until 19th March 2018.
- DWER – Draft Odour guideline
The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) is currently seeking feedback on the draft guideline;
Draft Odour guideline for prescribed premises.
This guideline sets out DWER’s information requirements for the analysis of odour impact for prescribed premises.
For more information go to the consultation page of the DWER website.The consultation period closes on the 19th April 2018.