Environmental Consulting – Future Proofing one-day event
Mega Trends in Environmental Consulting in Western Australia 2018 Workshop
“Environmental Consulting Future Proofing”
Are you keen to future proof your job, your career, your business? Do you know how to spot the best opportunities for the future? Do you know how market trends are driving the good times and the bad? Are you well prepared for both boom and bust?
Well this event is for you!
The ECA has invited environmental experts from overseas, interstate and WA to provide a global, national and local perspective on our industry. Join our experts as they share their thoughts and experiences in consulting, finance and law, federal and state government to provide expertise in all areas of future proofing in the environmental consultant industry.
The ECA is delighted to invite you to a jam-packed, relevant, interesting and informative one-day event, which will have great interest to a broad range of environmental practitioners. Register Here.
Registration and welcoming refreshments
Introduction and Opening Remarks – Jason Hick, ECA President
Current Global Market Trends and Drivers
- Global Market Outlook for the next five years
- Historic international and national growth trends
- What can we learn /expect from interstate and international experiences?
- What are the traditional consulting services and which ones are at greatest risk or the greatest areas of growth?
- What is inhibiting growth in traditional consulting services?
- What are the opportunities for tapping into international consulting?
- Keryn James, Group Chief Executive ERM
- Darren Murphy, Principal Mine Closure Consultant, Golder
Local Market Recruiting, Accreditation and Insurances
- What does the next generation of environmental consultants look like?
- Local trends / markets opportunities/ growth areas in WA
- How can sector ensure it has greater input into undergraduate degrees to produce “work-ready” and fit-for purpose graduates?
- New areas of consulting and opportunities
- Pro’s and Con’s of Industry accreditation
- Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 – Implications for Consultants
- Ben Oakley, Hunter Executive (Environmental Recruiting)
- Michael Voros, Herbert Smith Freehills (Environmental legal challenges and the Biodiversity Act)
- Germaine Larcombe, DWER (Environmental accreditation)
- Darren Pavic, BRIC Insurances – challenges in environmental insurance into the future
- How do government agencies/utilities and consultancies work together – our challenges/aims/future targets
- Are changes to government legislation and regulator policy hindering growth?
- IBSA – how will it really work and the creation of a Biodiversity Information Office
- Suzanne Brown – Manager Drainage and Liveable Communities, Water Corporation
- Kim Taylor – former EPA Service Unit General Manager
- Chris Gentle – WABSI Information Management Node Program Director
Panel Discussion: Contemporary Case Studies and Challenges – Projects with Complex Challenges
A panel discussion of current and recent major projects and associated challenges, including BHP Pilbara Strategic Proposal, Roe Highway Stage 8 Extension, Northlink Project and other assessments across different sectors.
Discussion of environmental challenges of delivering these projects and best practice in collaborative partnerships, where is EIA focus likely to be going forward, eDNA as an EIA tool etc
- Jamie Shaw – Technical Director, AECOM
- Michelle Rhodes – Director, 360 Environmental
- Gavin Price – Head of Environment, BHP Billiton
Sundowner & Networking Drinks